For freeride tourers and piste personnel who make particularly intensive and long use of their gear, placing exceptional strain on it. The PU-polyamide-based structure is fully designed for durability and performance. The Lupo Air HD liner compensates for the slight weight disadvantage. High-quality GripWalk soles with a Vibram® profile are optionally available!
The 2022 Dalbello Lupo AX HD Ski Boots with a PU-polyamide-based shell, is designed for maximum durability. With a 100 mm last it offers slightly more foot space and therefore outstanding comfort. This is particularly beneficial for skiers who spend the entire day on the slopes and wear their boots almost daily. The boot is extremely versatile and offers a 67° range of movement with the tongue removed when walking. The shaft and 40-mm-wide power strap offer outstanding power transfer for descents. High-quality GripWalk soles with a Vibram® profile can be optionally fitted to make walking easier and reduce the risk of slipping.
Off-Piste / Freeride Tour
WEIGHT: 1835 g (Uphill) / 1960 g (Downhill)
SIZE RUN: Half sizes only
LAST: 100 mm
MATERIAL: PU/POLYAMIDE COMPOSITE FG/PA GRIFLEX
LINER: LUPO IF
STRAP: Power strap 40 mm
DALBELLO FIT CATEGORY: medium_fit
- Dalbello's unique Cabrio construction combines a boot shell/boot cuff assembly with an external Kinetic Response Tongue closure which enables a smoother and progressive power transmission same as great shock absorption. Furthermore the long range of flex and a dynamic rebound are characteristic of the Cabrio Construction. Besides the Kinetic Response Tongue, the Dynalink heel retention, the Hike/Ride mechanism and the Inverted Forefoot Buckles are matching perfectly together to make this construction the best versatile and flexible partner in all kind of terrain, especially the backcountry and the park!
- SMOOTHER AND PROGRESSIVE POWER TRANSMISSION
- LONG RANGE OF FLEX
- DYNAMIC REBOUND
- EXCELLENT SHOCK ABSORPTION
- QUICKER FROM EDGE TO EDGE
- ALL TERRAIN
- The new sole-binding system for walking comfort and skiing performance, available in 90% of the Dalbello ski boots collection. GripWalk contains a new co-polymer sole with rocker profile. The convex shape and ribbed tread of the rubber add a lot of walking comfort and provide a much better grip. GripWalk soles are the perfect tuning parts designed for 90% of the Dalbello boot collection and don't require any height adjustment at GripWalk bindings.
- Exclusive Dalbello construction technology that maps the anatomical contours of the foot. Exclusive Dalbello construction technology that maps the anatomical contours of the foot to create subtle “comfort zones” at 4 critical fit points: ankle, heel, 5th metatarsal, & navicular. Relief contours molded into the inside lower shell at these 4 points provide a close and accurate fit and minimize the need for shell modifications.
- Instant fit at the very first step in. In addition all IF liners are 40 - 80 % thermo formable. IF Liner means Instant Fit Liner and stands excactly for this - instant fit at the very first step in! In addition all IF liners are thermo formable in a certain area (40 - 80 %, depending on the model) in only 4 minutes of heating to reach precise and individual fitting with a great memory effect.
QUICK REMOVABLE TONGUE
- Taken away easily with only one hand, the removed tongue offers endless forward lean movement while hiking and great skiing performance for downhilling due to it’s flex.
HYPERBAND WIDE PROFILE CUFF CLOSURE
- UNIQUE DALBELLO DESIGN. Low friction, wide pro?le shin pad closure securely wraps the upper part of the boot cuf with a wide profile, high leverage cuff closure buckle assembly. Smooth flexing design is highly shock absorbing for maximum boot-top comfort with NO “SHIN-BANG” or, NO “SHIN-BITE”.
KINETIC RESPONSE TONGUE
- > STIFF - Flex index - 120/130 : Strong flex and very quick smooth elastic rebound for high / Pro level skier >> MEDIUM - Flex index - 100/120: Medium flex with gentle elastic smooth rebound for medium to strong skier >> SOFT - Flex index - 85/100: Soft flex with forgiven smooth elastic rebound made specific for woman / light skier B - STIFF FLEX: Lupo PRO HD, Krypton 130 ID, Il Moro P - HARD FLEX: Lupo 130 C C - MEDIUM FLEX: Lupo Factory (Carbon), Lupo AX 120, Lupo AX HD, Krypton 130 ID, Krypton 110 ID, Krypton AX 120 ID, Krypton AX 110, Chakra 105 ID M - SOFT FLEX: Lupo AX 90, Lupo AX 105 W D - SOFT FLEX: Chakra AX 90
DYNALINK HEEL RETENTION SYSTEM
- The Dynalink heel retention is an independently functioning heel / instep closure assembly which minimizes foot sliding, heel lift and boot shell distortion during the flex effectively. > Independently functioning heel /instep closure assembly > Minimizes foot sliding, heel lift and boot shell distortion during flex effectively
REPLACEMENT TOE / HEEL PROTECTOR
- Patented Toe-Heel inserts for lighter, more durable ski-boots. High density special compound insert provide outstanding durability in any heavy usage.
TOURING NORM WITH TECH INSERT (PIN)
- All Lupo models may be used with ISO 9523 Alpine Touring Norm bindings due to their tech inserts. By changing the rockered soles to the interchangeable alpine soles the boots fit in all alpine bindings as well but are not certified ISO 5355.
LUPO IF LINER
- Breathable & warm
- Medium desitiy EVA foam
- Wraps the foot instantly
- 80% fitable within 4 min heating
- Full laces: 120 cm lenght
- Quick release laces hook
- Rear Diamond for the best walk-ability
LOW CUFF HINGE POINT
- High leverage cuff assembly with hinge points mounted approximately 10 cm lower than standard construction boot designs. The LOW HINGING CUFF permits the boot cuff to more easily follow the natural anatomic movement of the skier’s legs because it has a longer range of forward and rearward hinging motion. For more efficient walking and gliding. Increased power and control with less energy.
CUFF MOVEMENT (FORE 40° / BACK 27°)
- Forward and Backward lean for the boots
HIKE & RIDE MECHANISM
- As the burly cuff lock mechanism frees the upper cuff from the lower shell a long range of motion for functional hiking and climbing is guaranteed. Due to the unique Cabrio design it doesn't contain any compromises on the skiing performance.
INVERTED FOREFOOT BUCKLE
- Forefoot closure buckle (above instep) are inverted to close on top of the boot shell, not on the side. The top closure positioning prevents buckle breakage and bending during rail slides, grinds, falls, and transitions.
- Permits skiers to precisely “fine tunes” buckle closure tension for a more exact fit. With micro-adjustment, you can twist the buckle to make it longer or shorter.