The women's 2022 Volkl Blaze 94 W Skis are for the rad woman who revels in agile, responsive turns all across the mountain, and might want to tackle an uphill touring effort followed by a technical backcountry descent.
The Blaze 94 W is what we like to call “sporty”. It delivers on many levels, but it is made for the high octane delight of a skier that loves to turn on a dime, in every type of terrain. The 0.3mm thick layer of titanal across the binding platform creates an impressively direct power transfer from skier movement to ski action. Keeping the titanal only under the foot creates an incredibly fun and responsive turning experience, immediately from initiation, with little effort.
Although it is designed with short turn radius goals, the 3D Radius Sidecut and Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore significantly enhances the ski's liveliness and maneuverability for any turn shape. At only 1427g (@ 165cm length) and with the addition of the Suspension Tip and Tail (basically a rubbery “bumper” for whatever the ski comes in contact with), it is a fantastic touring ski as well. Regardless of resort skiing glory, off piste endeavors, or backcountry objectives, the Blaze 94 offers an incredibly wide range of use in all conditions.
- ROCKER: Tip & Tail Rocker
- CORE: Hybrid Multilayer Woodcore, Poplar/Beech
- BASE: P-Tex 2100
- SKIING LEVEL: Advanced, Professional
- HARD SNOW PERFORMANCE: 3 of 10
- ALL CONDITIONS PERFORMANCE: 6 of 10
- LONG TURN DYNAMICS: 6 of 10
- SHORT TURN AGILITY: 9 of 10
- SKIER LEVEL: 9 of 10
- POWDER PERFORMANCE: 7 of 10
- TITANAL BINDING PLATFORM - A thin Titanal layer (0,3 mm) under the binding delivers the necessary strength to the ski. This way the binding screws offer reliable hold even in the toughest conditions.
- HYBRID MULTILAYER WOODCORE - The extra-light hybrid multilayer wood core is a very complex core that is used in the Blaze. Light and very stable poplar and beech woods, individually weighed and selected by weight before gluing, are used in this wood core. In the tip-to-tail construction, the wood extends to the tip of the blade and end, giving them the sophisticated combination of good stability and low weight. In the center of the core, a CNC-milled Isocore area contributes to optimal liveliness and dynamic development. All in all, this design allows the stability of the ski to meet the high demands of a freeride ski, and this at a weight that is only slightly higher than that of a touring ski.
- 3D RADIUS SIDECUT - Three radii in one ski for maximum turning & speed versatility in all mountain skiing.
- SUSPENSION TIPS & TAILS - Inserts made of elastic TPU material on the edges of the tip and tail which act like a bumper in wind-blown or tracked snow. Its shock-absorbing elasticity ensures better stability and catch-free float.
- PRECUT SKIN AVAILABLE
LENGTH: 158 / RADIUS: (R1)23, (R2)13, (R3)31 / SIDECUT: 134_94_116
LENGTH: 165 / RADIUS: (R1)25, (R2)14, (R3)33 / SIDECUT: 134_94_116
LENGTH: 172 / RADIUS: (R1)27, (R2)15, (R3)37 / SIDECUT: 134_94_116